Welcome to Mellie's mind...

Where thoughts can be funny, can race at all hours of the day and night and can sometimes not make any sense!

Enjoy the ride!

Friday, February 26, 2010

The next step for me


For years I have said to myself that I have wanted to write a book. I have probably about 10 books started, (most with GREAT titles) however I have not came close to finishing even one of them.

What stops me?
Me.

"Will anyone want to read this?"
"Are you writing this for the correct reason?"
"Is this as funny to someone else as it is to me?"
"Is anyone really going to care?"
The answer.... Yes!
Because no matter what the left or right side of my brain says, I am writing this for me not for anyone else and if it brings me joy then I should do it!
So, as I sit here and look at my desk piled high with papers for football, work, articles I want to read and the spiral notebooks full of what I have written over the years I think to myself today is the day and this is where I am going to start!
Right here, right now.
This blog will be for me. I will write down the thousand of ideas that run through my head, the thoughts, the stories of my life, the stories of my wonderful kids all of it will go here and when I am ready I will organize it into something I will call a book and know that I accomplished it... for me.

1 comment:

  1. OK sweetie you have inspired me to get to the gym TODAY, right NOW! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on your life, both yourself and your family, it does not bore me it INSPIRES me so please keep it up! I love your life and your family, and with all the things going on in my life that can, at times get me down, your words and thoughts encourage me to live life to the fullest and just build strength and hope through our spiritual life/faith and appreciate our families!

    God bless you!

    Your friend for life, Connie

    ReplyDelete