Welcome to Mellie's mind...

Where thoughts can be funny, can race at all hours of the day and night and can sometimes not make any sense!

Enjoy the ride!

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Menu Week One Monday-Sunday




I blogged recently that I was going to change my diet to eat not only better, which I do most of the time, but to eat to help fight the disease I have, Multiple sclerosis. Here is my first week of food that I will be eating. 

Food preparation is the key to any lifestyle changes that you want to make.  If your goal is to lose weight, gain weight, eat better or whatever it is - Preparation is the key!

My food preparation day, and the day I recommend to all the people I help, is Sunday. I determine what my caloric intake for the week is going to be at this time.  I have a good understanding of what my caloric burn is each week by how many times I go to the gym, so the intake is based off of that.  My goal each week is to hit a caloric deficit (If I am trying to lose weight) each day and week.   I then determine the meals I will consume for the week. I analyze each meal to determine the nutrition factor of the meal broken down into calories, fat intake, carbohydrate intake etc. I then make my grocery list for the food items and hit the store. Planning beforehand allows me to go to the store with purpose and stick to my list. Once home I begin preparing my food for each meal, each day.  I break the food items into their portions for each day and then when it is time for me to eat, I just grab my meal and heat it up.  This not only ensures I am successful but it's quick and allows me to eat the food I need to eat rather than any cravings I may have.

Yes, I eat the same thing every day.  This not only helps food preparation more convenient for me, it also allows me to see what my body responds to and does not respond to for the goals I am trying to obtain.

Here is my first week of my new plan.   


Week One Monday-Sunday


Breakfast:  Mellie's Scrambled Eggs with Kale
AM Snack:  Mellie's Trail Mix
Lunch:  Mellie's Avocado chicken salad
PM Snack:  Vega Protein shake, one scoop with 8 oz. of Coconut Water mixed
Dinner:  Mellie's Herb Sirloin Roast 
Bedtime Snack:  Vega Protein shake, one scoop with 8 oz. of Coconut Water mixed

5 Liters of Water during the day, 2 Liters with lemon water added in. 




Mellie’s Scrambled Eggs with Kale

Ingredients
  • 4 egg whites
  • 4 ounces avocado
  • 3 cups of kale
  • 1 tsp coconut oil
  • Pepper to taste
Instructions
  1. Preheat skillet on medium.
  2. Whisk eggs in bowl.
  3. Slice avocado and place aside.
  4. Add coconut oil to skillet.
  5. Add eggs and kale to skillet.
  6. Once eggs are cooked add avocado.
  7. Pepper to taste.
Makes ONE serving
 
Mellie’s Trail Mix

Ingredients
  • 1 Cup Almonds
  • 1 Cup Raisins
  • 1 Cup Sunflower Seeds
  • ½ Cup Shredded Coconut
Instructions
  1. Combine all ingredients together.
Makes Seven servings 


Mellie’s Avocado Chicken Salad

Ingredients
  • 7-5 oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
  • 21 oz.  ripe avocado
  • ½ red onion
  • 4 limes- juice only
  • 6 tablespoon cilantro
  • Pepper  
  • 6 scallions
  • 4 stalk celery
Instructions
  1. Mix all ingredients together and enjoy
Makes Seven servings

 


Mellie’s Herb Sirloin roast Recipe

Ingredients
  • 3 lbs Sirloin top roast
  • 1 tsp Paprika
  • 1 tsp Garlic powder
  • 1 tsp Onion powder
  • ½ tsp cayenne pepper
  • ½ tsp oregano
  • 2 Tbsp Coconut oil
  • Pepper to taste
Instructions
  1. Mix paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, and pepper in a bowl
  2. Add Coconut oil, mix together and let it sit at 10 min
  3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  4. Place roast on aluminum foil and cover all sides with mixture
  5. Roast for 50-65 min
Makes Seven servings  

Side Salad to go with the Sirloin roast
Ingredients
  • 3 cups mixed green salad
  • 2 oz of whole walnuts 
Makes ONE serving   
 If you have any questions please feel free to follow me or contact me on my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/michelleprincesslee


Or you can join and follow a group of people I help as well:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/283984468364052/

2 comments:

  1. I am curious as to why you would chose the fat in your morning diet to come from avocado rather than the egg yolk? Many of us with MS are vitamin D deficient, and an egg is one of the best sources of dietary vit D. I think calorie wise as well as nutrition wise, the egg yolk is the better option, especially considering the avocado in your chicken salad. Also not a fan of protein drinks, doesn't seem to fit into a whole foods, natural way of eating. How about some milk and yoghurt which have been shown to promote weight loss?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't care for the yoke in eggs, upsets my stomach. I am all about protein shakes because I use organic and dairy free... I can not handle a lot of dairy in my diet so the yogurt options do not work for me, but they work for others. I supplement my Vit D with an organic supplement as well as food. :)

    ReplyDelete