Welcome to Mellie's mind...

Where thoughts can be funny, can race at all hours of the day and night and can sometimes not make any sense!

Enjoy the ride!

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Missing Kathy.

As the time for our first annual 5K/10K walk and run draws near I am not only feeling the pressure of putting on a major event I am feeling the loss of my friend.

People who know me know that I am a personal trainer on the side.  I am married, have 5 kids and work in a very stressful industry but on the side I find a new passion and drive to help people get physically healthy by changing their lifestyles.

This passion for fitness is how I met Kathy and how we became friends.  She was a client of mine and I knew the first day I met her she would become a friend.  Her and I shared many moments before, after and during workouts talking about her life, her struggles, and her dreams.  I was not the friend she went shopping with or the friend she went to Happy Hour with but in the quiet moments we had together I felt a real connection to her.  We use to text all the time all day and into the night and some of her texts would have me in tears laughing so hard.

These past days I have really felt like she has been with me and around me during the day and it makes me miss her even more. 

I have no real message here but to say that I miss Kathy, I miss her a lot and sometimes I regret not doing more with her in the time I had.  It really is true, you just never know what is going to happen and you need to enjoy and appreciate life daily.  I always thought I would hold her babies and hold her hand as she moved into new chapters of her life... now I am only holding on to her memory.







If you would like to join us in the 5K/10K walk and run please feel free to preregister to reserve your spot and claim your t-shirt for the run!

http://www.active.com/running/west-linn-or/heroes-run-for-cervical-cancer-2013

No comments:

Post a Comment