Welcome to Mellie's mind...

Where thoughts can be funny, can race at all hours of the day and night and can sometimes not make any sense!

Enjoy the ride!

Thursday, October 30, 2014

True strength......

 

 
 
This is generally the first thing I see each day when I wake up.  I hung this a few months ago as a reminder to carry myself with strength, dignity and to laugh more.  It's my belief that if you say something, think something or act a certain way enough times you can change the way your mind thinks and improve who you are as a person.  For example, when I lost all my baby weight and I weighed 130lbs when I looked in the mirror I still saw a girl who weighed 170lbs.  It took me a long time to retrain my thinking and the body image I had in my head to actually see the person who is really standing in the mirror.  A beautiful, healthy and athletic woman.  But it took time for me to retrain my mind and how I perceived myself.   It's my belief that we all have certain thoughts in our minds that should and can be retrained and we all have the power to be able to make the necessary changes.
 
But what happens when we fail at our new way of thinking or fail at our goals to improve who we are?  For some they throw in the towel and give up, for some they look at the next day as a new chance to do it better and for others they beat themselves up and relive the mistake over and over again.
 
I am an A to Z kind of girl.  This is a good quality about me because it helps me succeed and it helps me be persistent.  However, it's also a bad trait because when I find myself floating in between A and Z I feel like a failure.  When I feel like a failure I beat myself up. This can come in the form of berating myself in my mind or it can come in the form of abusing my body by doing things that are not in the healthy lifestyle I strive for each and every day.  Regardless of how I act out what I have learned over the years is I am very hard on myself and forget that it's okay to have failures and it's okay to make mistakes because no one is perfect.
 
I am a strong person.  I have always had the ability to overcome issues and circumstances that others may not have been so lucky to overcome.  I have always possessed the ability to just pick up the pieces and make the most of my situation without having to play a victim.  Have I always done my best with my best foot forward?  NO.  But that's what makes me human, makes me strong and not only be able to recognize my failures but accept them and try and learn from them.
 
There is no strength without challenge, adversity, resistance and most times pain.  The problems that make you want to throw your hands up in the air, or in my case beat myself up, will build your tenacity, courage, discipline and determination. 
 
When you face challenges in your life such as heartache, pain and someone coming against you, the best thing to do is simple... just stand there.  What I have came to understand in my life is that my strength comes from the ability to stand up, face the issue, don't back down to the resistance and know that I can walk through the challenge and come out stronger on the other side  That is true strength.  Strength doesn't mean that we won't mess up it just means that we will not allow the challenges to overcome us, we will not allow the heartache to define us and we will not allow the person coming against us to belittle ourselves..  It means we will stand up, stand tall, strong, proud and push through.  Because on the other side is where we will see clarity, find peace and do what's so important for all of us... continue to grow and be a better version of ourselves.
 
She is clothed in Strength........
 
~Mellie
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment