Welcome to Mellie's mind...

Where thoughts can be funny, can race at all hours of the day and night and can sometimes not make any sense!

Enjoy the ride!

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Time to get back at it.. week two



For many of my friends, family and those who follow me you all know me to be a hard worker.  Someone who gives it her all and goes for it with everything I have.  I tend not to back down from many challenges nor do I back down from anything or anyone coming against me.

As this year comes to a countdown of hours left I have been faced with the reality to really review the last year of my life and evaluate where I was, where I was headed and where I ended up.

As a part of growing up, yes I am still growing at 41, it has came to my realization as of today that I spent most of 2014 chasing things.  People, dreams, expectations and ideas other people had for me.  Some of it was good, some of it was not.  I do not regret the year but I regret what I allowed to fall apart..... my standard of living a healthy life as well as pushing those around me in theirs.

So, I am going to get back on the wagon and force myself to stay on it.  Time to refocus on myself, my fitness and helping those around me.  No more chasing, no more grasping and no more putting myself last.

This upcoming weekend I will do what I have not done in a LONG time... I will cook my food for the week.  I will create my caloric intake and I will create the meals that will get me there.  I will create my plan for my caloric burn to achieve my daily/weekly deficit and I will begin to live the lifestyle I thrive in... a healthy one.

If you find yourself in the same position I am in and if you feel lost, then please... feel free to follow along.  I will TRY and post my weekly menus and workouts so that anyone out there can follow along too.  Make sure you have no food allergies and understand each weight movement.  I am NOT responsible for you if you hurt yourself or if you eat something that makes your face blow up!  I am not offering personal menus for anyone and I can not adjust if you do not like a food.. please do not ask.  I am simply giving you the option to follow along and change your life too.

Isn't it time we start living the lives we were meant to live?

Happy New Year!

~Mellie

***** WEEK TWO*****

Breakfast:
  • 1 cup cooked Bob’s Red Mill Oatmeal
  • 1/3 cup Almond Milk-original
  • ½ cup fruit of any kind
  • 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds
  • Green Tea, no sugar of any kind added
Am Snack:
  • ½ cup of almonds
  • Green Tea, no sugar of any kind added
Lunch:
  • Mellie’s Chicken & Andouille Soup
  • 1 cucumber
  • 2 oz. almonds
  • Green Tea, no sugar of any kind added
PM Snack:
  • 1 scoop of protein 
  • Green Tea, no sugar of any kind added
(After a weight workout only drink 2 scoops of ARM)
Dinner:
  • Mellie’s Chicken Dinner in a packet
  • 2 cups Broccoli-cooked or raw
  • Green Tea, no sugar of any kind added

PM Snack: (1 hour to 30 min prior to bed)
  • 1 scoop of protein  
Mellie’s Cajun Chicken & Andouille Soup

Ingredients
lb. boneless skinless chicken breast cut into ¾” pieces
8 oz. Andouille or other fully cooked sausage halved lengthwise and then cut into ¼” pieces.
8 cups of low sodium, organic, chicken broth
2 14.5 oz. cans of organic crushed tomatoes
2 cups of organic corn kernels
2 cup sliced fresh or frozen and thawed okra
2 small red onions, chopped
2 green bell peppers, chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
4 large garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. Cajun seasoning
Combine all ingredients into a 10-quart or larger slow cooker.  Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Season with black pepper to taste.

 Divide into 7 servings

Mellie’s Chicken in a Packet

7 5-oz boneless skinless chicken breast halves
4 cups sliced fresh organic mushrooms
4 medium carrots, cut in thin strips
2 medium zucchini, unpeeled and sliced
Tbsp. organic olive oil
Tbsp. lemon juice
tsp. dry basil
Black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375
Fold 7 12X28 pieces of foil in half to make 7 12x14 rectangles.  Place one chicken breast half on each piece of foil.  Top the chicken in each with mushrooms, carrots and zucchini, dividing the vegetables equally among the chicken bundles.  
In a small bowl, stir together oil, lemon juice, basil and pepper.  Drizzle oil mixture over vegetables and chicken.
Pull up two opposite edges of foil.  Seal with a double fold.  The fold in remaining edges, leaving enough space for steam to build.  Place the bundles side by side in a shallow baking pan.
Bake 35 min



No comments:

Post a Comment