Welcome to Mellie's mind...

Where thoughts can be funny, can race at all hours of the day and night and can sometimes not make any sense!

Enjoy the ride!

Thursday, December 27, 2012

No tongue shall rise in judgment

I pray that no weapon formed against my husband shall prosper, and that every tongue which rises against him in judgement You, God, shall condemn.

Every tongue..... including my own.

A situation occurred over the weekend with my husband and I and it came down to my husband blurting out.... "I will not be judged by anyone!"  That statement really struck me and stuck with me because he is right, he will not and should not be judged by anyone.  Who are we to cast a judgement on him?  (The people in his life) Are we all perfect, do we walk with God and live a Godly life all the time?  I know I don't.  I feel as if because of our past, our separation earlier this year, I found myself judging his choices and judging how he handled his choices during and after that time.

The bible says:

1 Peter 3:1-22 

Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives, when they see your respectful and pure conduct. Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious. For this is how the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, by submitting to their own husbands.

"Conduct of their wives, when they see your respectful and pure conduct."  Passing judgment on my hubby either in words, actions or looks does not honor him and show him my respect for him.  Now, some will say respect has to be earned and I get that but I feel that by showing the respect I will get the respect as well.... my other option is what?  To judge him, put him down, criticize him and leave the door open for Satan to push someone else through the door to adorn my hubby... no thanks!

I really do respect my husband, he is a good strong man.  Yes, he has made mistakes in the past and yes he has hurt me but through it all he continued to strive to learn, and improve himself and you can't say that about every man in this world.  My hubby could have ran from our issues, he could have just gave up and said it was too hard, he could have ran from his mistakes and thought it easier to just put them behind him... but instead he admitted he was wrong and he opened to door to improve himself, our relationship wit God and our relationship with each other.... that is strength.

After our situation this weekend I made sure to reach out to my hubby and share with him how I was feeling.  I sent him this text:

You are my best friend.
You are the love of my life.
I do not want to be anywhere else.
I do not want to be with anyone else.
I admire you.
I look up to you.
I depend on you to help me achieve my goals in life.
I seek your leadership in helping me be a better person.
I don't judge you, but if your perception is that I do, then I will make the changes needed do you don't feel that way.
I think very highly of you as my husband.
We will have our bumps in the road, but with our love, God's presence, we can make it through those bumps and still come out stronger and better.
Everyday I will try and be a better wife for you, for us.

One thing I have learned in my marriage this year is that I have to show, and tell my hubby how much he means to me and how much I respect and admire him.  Men are no different than women.  Woman want to feel beautiful, be told they look good.  Women seek acknowledgment on the work we do around our homes and with our families.  Men are no different.  They want to feel appreciated, looked up to, respected, they want to know that as their wives we depend on them and appreciate the hard work they do to provide the lives we have with them.  Those lives may not be perfect, but they love us and they work hard to give us the lives we want and they think we should have... is it too much to ask to show them our thanks with love and respect... I don't think so.

Tell your spouse today how much you love and respect him, tell him you admire how hard he works.  Share with him how you feel about him being a father to your kids and let him know that no matter what... you don't want to be anywhere else.  Try and do this daily.  

Ephesians 5:33

However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.


No comments:

Post a Comment