Welcome to Mellie's mind...

Where thoughts can be funny, can race at all hours of the day and night and can sometimes not make any sense!

Enjoy the ride!

Monday, December 31, 2012

Godsmack!!!!!!

Last night I shared my issues with allowing myself to let go of my worries and give it to God.... today the first post I see on Facebook is from Joyce Meyer Ministries and her update says:

"Give God your problems and allow Him to give you solutions."

If that is not a God smack, I do not know what is!!

Last night I was struggling with my worries and with my fears.  I had a small issue arise that set me into my pattern of spinning and letting my mind wonder and take me to a dark place full of fear.  So rather than acting on this emotion I set myself down and wrote a journal about it.  I read some scripture and I prayed, and prayed and prayed.  After only a short time I was able to calm myself down and fall asleep and not obsess over it.  Thank you God!!!

I woke up this morning and for a few moments a few times I thought of this situation again but just told myself "Mellie, let it go... you asked God to take it and take care of it~now let Him do what He has promised to do for you."  with that I have put it out of my mind and my heart feels lighter.

I have to say that even though this was a small accomplishment I am going to celebrate it because I was able to not act on those emotions and I was able to do what I set out to do... keep my head up, my mouth shut and my knees on the floor praying.  I hope this will be the first of many accomplishments as I learn to grow into a stronger faith and a better relationship with God.

Happy New Year to anyone reading this.  I hope if you struggle with letting things go you will join me in my journey to allow God to handle our problems and for us to become worry free.  See you in the New Year.

~Mellie

No comments:

Post a Comment