Welcome to Mellie's mind...

Where thoughts can be funny, can race at all hours of the day and night and can sometimes not make any sense!

Enjoy the ride!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Plans for the upcoming year

I refuse to make resolutions, something about the concept just bothers me. Maybe it's because as a teenager I made them all the time with friends. I would write my resolutions down, and then hide them somewhere in my room. Sure enough, months later I would look at them and be no closer to what I wanted to achieve.

Now I set goals for myself. Maybe it's just a play on words but it works for me and I'm able to set my sight on them. In the next week I'm going to really work on my goals for the upcoming year. They will be personal goals, family goals, faith goals and career goals.

Another thing I will be doing is making a vision wall. Much like a vision board but on my wall in my office. My vision wall will be a reflection of my goals. By putting my goals down and then seeing a photo of some sort that will refer to my goals will keep them in the forefront of my mind.

I have used vision boards in the past when I started my weight journey and my Maxformation, I'll post a picture of my one for 2013 when it's done.

I'm excited for this new year. I learned a lot in 2012 but I'm looking forward to putting it behind me.

If you have goals for the upcoming year or next few months I highly suggest a vision board of some type. Share your goals with friends or family. By getting your goals out into the public it can make you more accountable to stick to them. If you want to share with me, email me - I would love to see them.

It's a new year.. A new chance to do things better and a new chance to live the life you were meant to live!

Happy New Year!

~Mellie





No comments:

Post a Comment