Welcome to Mellie's mind...

Where thoughts can be funny, can race at all hours of the day and night and can sometimes not make any sense!

Enjoy the ride!

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Elf on a Shelf...


The Elf on the Shelf®: A Christmas Tradition includes a special scout elf sent from the North Pole to help Santa Claus manage his naughty and nice lists. When a family adopts a scout elf and gives it a name, the scout elf receives its Christmas magic and can fly to the North Pole each night to tell Santa Claus about all of the day's adventures. Each morning, the scout elf returns to its family and perches in a different place to watch the fun. Children love to wake up and race around the house looking for their scout elf each morning.
http://www.elfontheshelf.com/

This year I decided I was going to start the tradition of The Elf on the Shelf for my three young kids.  It was not something I did with my two older boys and really did not know anything about until a few years ago.

The first night was the night we introduced him.  The kids awoke to find The Elf on the Shelf in my room on the floor in front of the fireplace with the book next to him.  That night they all three got together and read the story behind The Elf on the Shelf and named him Toto.

The following pictures are the following days where the kids located the Elf and what kind of mischief he got himself into. 

 The day he arrived! 
 The first night he was naughty and TP'd my room and then was so tired he made himself a bed.


The second night he positioned himself in the bathroom and left the kids a message on the mirror.

I didn't realize how happy the three little kids would be about this.  They not only talk about him all the time but they squeal in delight while trying to locate him.  I am very happy that I choose to do this and start this tradition with our family and I hope as the days pass the kids will have even more fun with this little guy!

You can locate one of these little guys at your local store like Target, Wal-mart, Fred Meyers or on line. 

Looking forward to many more mornings of seeing the kids reactions to this little guy!

~Mellie

No comments:

Post a Comment