Welcome to Mellie's mind...

Where thoughts can be funny, can race at all hours of the day and night and can sometimes not make any sense!

Enjoy the ride!

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

I am......



If you have been following my blog you know these cards are called the I Am...... Cards.  The idea is to pull a card each day to read a positive affirmation to fill your mind with.  By focusing on positive thoughts, you can change how you feel and the way you think.  It's a simple way to experience life in a new and exciting way, and to explore your mind with the thought behind the "I am".... card of the day.


I am....capable.


As I drew this card out of the bag at lunch time I caught myself holding my breath.  Was it going to be a card that I would not be able to admit to?  Would it be a card that I would not relate to?  Would it be a card that would make me feel insecure about myself? (The complete opposite of the purpose of the cards, but a reality none the less) Or would it be a card that would allow me to celebrate myself?

The answer?  It's a card that I can relate with and makes me feel insecure about myself.

One of the things I love the most about myself is the ability to provoke the potential out of people.  I know most people that I know are not demonstrating all they are truly capable of and it's a gift for me to be able to look at them and coax them to their potential.  That could be in their relationships, their work, their weight loss or parenting.  Each situation depends on the person and what I observe in their lives. Most people daydream about a better lifestyle. They have in their minds what they think their life should look like and can almost see themselves doing it, but can not seem to get there. I try and look at them and find out what it is holding them back.  I try and determine what is stopping them from being all they can be?  I then will try and guide them just enough to show what actions they need to get there.  This makes me capable to motivate and provoke potential. 

What I struggle with is being capable in my own life.

The obstacles I allow to detour my own dreams as well as not being able to see the actions I need to take to allowing me to achieve my goals.  This is one of the most frustrating characteristics about myself.

I am a successful person in many ways. I do very well with my job and can manage myself and my goals surrounding it.  I raise good, solid children who are not lazy or entitled.  I am able to manage my household and ensure that all the key players are in place and all the requirements are getting done.  If faced with a challenge I can rise to it and overcome most of the times.  I was successful in changing my lifestyle and eating habits thus changing not only my body but my life.   Yet, when it comes to my daydreams and what I yearn for I only see the steps in front of me and find I am paralyzed to actually climb those stairs.  

Why is that? 

Why am I, or anyone else, able to be so driven and successful in so many areas yet not able to be capable of achieving even higher accomplishments and making our daydreams a reality?

There is a huge gap between what we want and what we do about it. 

For me I it comes down to a few questions:

How bad do I want it?
Is it enough just to know that it's possible, if only I were willing to push a little harder?
Am I content to know it is there and pretend that "one day" I will do something about it?
Or is it that I am too fearful because of the risk of embarrassment or disappointing others?

I live daily in a life where I know there are even bigger and better things waiting for me.  I understand that the decisions I make on a daily bases will either put me closer to those dreams or leave me in the same place I have been each morning when I wake up.  Each little decision I make will either support the change or it will support my fear of the steps.  Usually I remain in the same place until something dramatic happens in my life or around me that forces me to realize... "I want more than this!"  "I want more from myself!" 

Sometimes little moments in life such as the lyrics to a song, a quote, a story of someone who triumphed, can motivate me.  Or it could be that someones life has ended and I am left knowing they were not done living yet and not wanting this fate for myself.   When I find myself in this place, this is the time that I resolve to make changes and do something remarkable.

It's these moments when I have to really reflect and ask myself tough questions.  "Am I being the best me I can possibly be?"  And the answer is usually no, because I know there is so much more that I am capable of in this life.  I have to learn to take new steps, go in new directions and remove myself from the comfort of fear and allow myself to fail or succeed.  I can not continue my life wondering or daydreaming about other things I should be doing.  I can not continue in my life waiting for someone to come along and push me or discover me and hand me the keys to my dream.  I can not continue to allow the influences of others hold me back from what I want and know I can do.  I have to take new steps to move myself out of my current complacency and step into my potential.

I am tired of accepting less from myself than I know I am capable of.  My potential is a gift to the world, maybe not all of the world but a large part of it, and it's up to me and only me to get out there and share it....... every single day.

Just like working out became who I am and part of my lifestyle, my dreams need to as well and it's up to me each and every day to take it one step further to get to where I am going and want to be.

I am....capable.

Of many great things, and I am capable of overcoming many great things.  I owe it to myself to make it happen and so do you!


Go out and be remarkable today!


~Mellie



No comments:

Post a Comment