Welcome to Mellie's mind...

Where thoughts can be funny, can race at all hours of the day and night and can sometimes not make any sense!

Enjoy the ride!

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Life is good even when there is chaos all around you.

My hubby and I just got home from having dinner at a friend's house. We are currently laying in our bed, on our own sides of the bed but our feet are touching. I can't help but think how blessed we are.

Two days ago I heard a saying that I have heard a thousand times in my life but didn't really HEAR it till that night.

"Sometimes you have to go through Hell to get to Heaven."

AMEN!!!

Life is full of ups and downs and sometimes people have more than others.. I know I have had my share of them. But what I realized is no matter how bad things get and no matter how many times I MAY not THINK I'm going to make it through something the same thing always happens....

The sun rises, I get up and I live through it.

I wish I had not spent so many years of my life thinking this was the be all end all when things got tough. It's just like I tell my clients and what I do for my own workouts... I put my big girl panties on and do what I have to do to get through it.

I have learned its all about the approach, the mindset and what I ALLOW myself to focus on. Feelings are just that.. Feelings! They don't define you, they don't determine your life. Feelings are just the way you feel. Yes, some are harder and hurt more than others... But if we can focus on the good and not let our emotions run away from us I think we could all be just a little happier and healthier. I'm tired of riding the feeling roller coaster.. It goes up and down and up and down again. I want off that ride.

I want to define me.
I want to determine my day..
Not let my feelings do the work.

I'm laying in bed with my best friend... Our feet are touching.. We are bonded and in love. My family is provided for and healthy. Chaos is all around me....

Life is good.





No comments:

Post a Comment