Welcome to Mellie's mind...

Where thoughts can be funny, can race at all hours of the day and night and can sometimes not make any sense!

Enjoy the ride!

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Readings from a Medium... sin?

I spoke the other day about my hubby and I going to see a Medium in December of last year.  We were in Seattle and on a whim decided to go and seek one out and get a reading for the two of us.

My hubby and I both believe in the after life.  We believe in Heaven and Hell and believe that when you die there is more to life than your body in the ground.  We believe that your spirit goes on to other places after passing from this Earth and that our time here is only a minute moment compared to Eternity.  We also believe in spirits getting stuck or haunting for reasons only they would know.

As a child and a young adult my hubby had experiences of the paranormal.  Experiences I will not share because they are not my stories but when he talks about them I know they occurred and had a forever lasting impact on him.

I have always had "feelings" growing up.  Feelings that I never understood until I became an adult and started to understand the paranormal more.  My feelings often lead to something happening or finding out something was happening. I sometimes can sense when someone is in spirit is around me and I have dreams that come true.  My dreams are the most prominent experiences I have.  I once described them to a friend as God talking to me or warning me.

Having things happen to my hubby and I in the past it made seeing a medium even more exciting. Some would say that going to see a medium is like playing with fire, inviting evil into your life or possibly opening a door that you do not want to open.  My hubby and I discussed this prior to seeing a medium, was this a sin going against our Catholic faith?

When my hubby and I became Catholics, together, many years ago.  My hubby had asked the Father of the Church, Father Bob, if he believed in spirits and hauntings.  Father Bob told the RCIA class that he very much believed in these things and knew first hand that hauntings and possessions were very much a real thing.

My hubby and I do not play with weegie boards and we refrain from watching movies that are glorying evil and his realm.  We believe you can invite evil into your life and home if you read or practice certain rituals.  We believe that evil is on your doorstep everyday waiting for a chance to come in or be invited to come in... going to see a medium is not one of those opportunities in our minds.

Our medium, Meaghan O'Leary also does a protection prayer at the start of every reading.  She does not speak of God by name but she does call to all the protectors in the universe. I felt very much as ease with this when she began and knew that I was safe at that moment from anything negative coming into my reading or the area I was in.

Meaghan can name people who have passed if that spirit gives her the name.  Other than that she talks to your spiritual guides.  A spiritual guide is a spirit that watches over you and is with you helping you through life.  I had a few spitiual guides Meaghan spoke to, one being a male and one being a female.  These spiritual guides shared with Meaghan to share with me about my marriage and what I spoke about in the previous blog titled Medium  Meaghan spoke of things from the guides that she could not possibly have known about so It was my determination that I received a true reading.

If you want to check out the medium we used here is her website.  She does do readings by phone and Skype.  Your experience will not be altered by having it over the phone or Skype.  In fact I gifted a reading to my hairdresser and she was amazed at the things Meaghan picked up on.

Her website is:  http://www.spiritushealing.com/

I will for sure being using Meaghan again and will also be sharing more of my reading with all of you in the days to come. 

Make it a great day!

~Mellie   










No comments:

Post a Comment