Welcome to Mellie's mind...

Where thoughts can be funny, can race at all hours of the day and night and can sometimes not make any sense!

Enjoy the ride!

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Medium

In the first part of December my hubby and I were in Seattle for our diversionary.  The first night we were there we were out to dinner and I suggested that after dinner we go and see if we could find a medium and go have a reading.  This is something my hubby and I have always talked about and have been interested in but I think we were both a little scared to actually do it.  We were not able to find one that night but was able to set up an appointment the next night with Meaghan.

Let me just say this was an AWESOME and profound experience for both of us.

As soon as the medium, Meaghan, centered herself and got "in tune" with myself the first thing she said was:

"I am smiling in the midst of our prayer together because there is a cute story between the two of you that I can see in your heart center.  I want to say congratulations to the one of you who was patient enough to wait for the other to fully commit. I feel like Michelle is holding that story in her heart. There is a lot of amusing affection between the two of you.  When I go to your guides, there is a lot of humor here, and they have Michelle in the shape of a fishing pole reeling in Joseph.  Your guides are celebrating that they have pulled this off between the two of you.  She went on to say, You guys are funny, the reason I say that is because I can not tell exactly why and it is probably not important but at your soul's level there is some big cosmic joke and your guides are like "Wow, we did not think we were going to be able to pull that off"  Marriage is exactly where the two of you are suppose to be."

To be sitting in front of this person, her not knowing anything about my hubby and I or our past it was amazing to hear this right off the bat.  It really gave me some validation that all the work and the time that my hubby and I have been putting into our marriage is really the right path that we are to be on.  I am not saying I needed to hear her confirmation but it sure helped.  

I recall a time not so long ago when my hubby and I were having some troubles, we had a brief separation and people all around me were telling me it was time to let it go.  Move on they would say, you deserve better, you deserve to be happy and have someone who wants to be with you in mind, heart and soul.  But I could not just walk away from him because I had this little voice inside my head reapeating to me over and over again... "You're not done yet Michelle.' and because I love my hubby and I felt as if we were meant to be together no matter what was happening I refused to let go.

So being in this room with the medium, with my hubby next to me, hearing what she was describing as soon as she started the reading was so profound to me I began to tear up. 

I heard some ladies in the gym restroom talking the other day and it sounded as if they were talking about a mutual friend's marriage.  The one lady said "I would never put up with him treating me that way and she shouldn't either I do not know why she doesn't leave him!"

It brought back some memories of my own as a younger person and how I had a "list" of things I would NEVER put up with and told myself I would never allow to happen.  But until you are invested in the relationship and can anaylize the life you have you should never say never.  

No one should judge other people's relationships or marriages because until you are living their life you have no idea what they are going through, no idea what they feel and have no idea what kind of bond they have for each other.  Life is messy and bad things happen but it's not the bad things you should focus on it's what good comes out of it.

As the mother of two girls I am going to raise them to be strong and not allow others to take advantage of them.  But I also want them to have forgiving hearts and understand that life happens and if there is a mutual love, respect and bond with someone almost anything can be forgiven.

I am so happy we did that reading for this reason alone.  It really gave me the feeling like my hubby and I were on the correct path and gave me hope that our struggles are behind us now and from here we just need to love each other, love our kids and make the best out of this life.  God wants us happy, God wants us to have peace and God wants us to have him in his life.  I am excited to still be with my hubby and working towards all these things with him... my best friend.



No comments:

Post a Comment