Welcome to Mellie's mind...

Where thoughts can be funny, can race at all hours of the day and night and can sometimes not make any sense!

Enjoy the ride!

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A letter to my Youngest son....


Oh how the years go by,
Oh how time can certainly fly.
From once just a thought in far away dreams,
now into my arms and in my eyes gleam
the presence of you.
Your laughter and smiles
which go on for miles,
warms my heart and soul.
You're growing up so fast,
as I wish each moment with you to last forever.
My little boy will someday be a man
and right by your side I will forever stand.
I will pick up the pieces when you fall,
I will hold your hand and help you stand tall.
And when the day comes when you are on your own,
never feel that you are alone.
No matter how near or far apart
I am always right there in your heart.
Always remember whatever you go through
that no matter what, I will always love you.
Amy R. Campbell
My little Rups,


Over the past seven years, I have quietly watched you grow into the little boy that stands before me today.  You are kind, generous with not only your possessions but your love too. I do not think there is one mean bone in your body, because everyday you are all about making everyone feel good and happy. You are loved by all who meet you; you are adored by your siblings.

I will never forget the day your dad and I found out we were having a boy, I was so tickled to not only be able to help carry on the Galvan name, but I was honored that God had blessed me with yet another son.  You came into this world much too early weighing just over 4lbs..  You were born at 29 weeks, you were so little and fragile.  The hardest thing for us was to not be able to take you home from the hospital right away.  You were fed through a tube in your nose and trying to get you to eat just a few ounces of milk could take up to a 1/2 hour.  Other than being born early you were perfect.  You had the most beautiful skin and the littlest fingers and toes.  Every nurse in the NIC unit fell in love with you.  There was not one day where I would walk into that NIC unit and someone was not holding you.  Even at a few weeks old you were impacting the lives of others.


You are so smart, witty and you make your family laugh each and every day. The love you share with all of us is like no other.  Reuben, God gave me the most precious gift when he honored me with you.  I do not take being your mother lightly because I know you have great things ahead of you and you are going to make a huge impact on this world.  Your ability to turn a bad day into a great day by just the warmth of your hug is amazing.  Your caring personality shines in your eyes and draws others to you.  

As your mother, there is no sweeter sound than to hear you yell out "Mommy" when one of us comes home after not seeing each other that day.  Your sweet little voice and warm embrace is so special to me and I plan to carry those with me till the end of my days.

I love how outgoing you are and how you are so ready to care for anyone who needs it.  You have the ability to touch people and to help them and as you grow, I hope to continue to assist in you developing that trait.  You have the world at your finger tips, it's yours to take and I know you are going to do something great with it.

You are fearless too son.  Just this last school year there was a boy, known in the school as the tallest 3rd grader in school, who was picking on your sister Gabriella.  After hearing the story of how he was not being nice to YOUR sister, you took it upon yourself to confront the boy in the boys bathroom by yourself. You educate him on how he better leave his sister alone or be nice to her.  You told him Jesus would not be happy with the way he was acting and it needed to stop.  That boy never bothered your sister again.  No matter how old you, you have always cared and protected your siblings.  You truly have a heart of gold.

Today we celebrate your 7th birthday on this Earth and we celebrate the little man that you are.  Your family loves you very much Reuben and our lives would not be complete without you in it!

Happy Birthday Son!

~Love Mommy.

P.S. There is a "family secret" in our household that only two of the five kids were planned.  YOU were one of them son!  (smile)

http://flipagram.com/f/FSCa9p7GXD

Some of my favorite Reuben quotes:

Reuben talking to Gabriella:
Gabriella:  "Reuben, lets have a garage sale and sell all our toys!"
Reuben:  "Gabriella your CRAZY, I love ALL my toys!"

Reuben talking to Gabriella:
R- "I wonder when we are going to grow a new baby?" 
G- "What?  We aren't." 
R- "Yes, Mommy can grow us a new one, we just have to ask." 

Reuben and daddy were playing at dinner one night: 
D- "Reuben you better get that look off your face or I am going to fix you!"
R-"Don't fix me, I am not a toy I am Reuben!"













No comments:

Post a Comment