Welcome to Mellie's mind...

Where thoughts can be funny, can race at all hours of the day and night and can sometimes not make any sense!

Enjoy the ride!

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Menu for a freind who has started her journey with me.

I was a personal trainer for over two years.  I helped people get healthy, change their lifestyles and really understand how their bodies work.  I never push products that are dehydrated foods or shakes that you only drink because they do not teach you how to eat in the real world.  I am all about educating and helping each person, becuase it is different for everyone, how to REALLY change their lives and make the most of it.  I am all about helping you start living the life you were meant to live.

One of my clients, who is now a freind, did an excellent job on my program and with my guidance.  However, she alloowed herself to slip back into old habits and allowed her mind to take over her heart and desires for her new life.  Needless to say she gained her weight back and went back to eating for comfort rather than fuel.

I am very excited, and honored, that she has approached me again needing my help and understands what she gave up and how she gave up on herself.

This is her menu for her first week.  I am sharing this with the world so that if you find youself in the same boat and need help.... you can follow along or you can reach out and I can help get you where you want to be.

Breakfast:
Yogurt with ricotta cheese, fruit and nuts (see recipe)
Green Tea, no sugar of any kind added
Am Snack:
1 Medium size apple
½ cup of organic low fat cottage cheese
Green Tea, no sugar of any kind added
Lunch:
Greek Salad with chicken  (see recipe)
Green Tea, no sugar of any kind added
PM Snack:
oz. Albacore tuna in spring water
2 celery sticks
Green Tea, no sugar of any kind added

Dinner:
Mediterranean Turkey Burger  (see recipe)
Green Tea, no sugar of any kind added
PM Snack: (1 hour to 30 min prior to bed)
½ cup of Organic cottage cheese low fat



Yogurt with ricotta cheese, fruit and nuts

Ingredients:
3/4 cup Plain Low Fat Yogurt
1/3 cup Ricotta Part-skim
1/3 cup blueberries
1/8 cup Unsalted Walnuts Halves & Pieces
Directions:
Mix together in a bowl.

Greek Salad with chicken
Serves 1
Ingredients:
1 ½ cups red leaf lettuce, chopped
5 large pitted black olives
1 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast (grilled or baked)
1 tsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
Directions:
Mix all ingredients together.

Mediterranean Turkey Burger
Serves 2
Ingredients:
2 large red leaf lettuce leaves
3 ounces ground turkey breast
Tbsp. goat cheese
1 roasted red pepper, halved
½ cup BroccoSprouts or other types of sprouts
½ cup baby spinach leaves
Directions:
Place the lettuce leaves onto a work surface, with the long sides facing you. With your fingers, press lightly to flatten the center of each.
Prepare the ground turkey into a burger and grill or bake till cooked.
Place one patty on the center of each lettuce leaf.  Top each half of the cheese, red pepper, sprouts, and spinach.  Fold each bottom and sides of each lettuce leaf to enclose the burgers, Serve immediately.


I like to throw in these pictures because this was me when I started my journey and the last pictures was me when I reached my goals..... it is good to be able to look back on where you where and see how far you have came.  I will find the pictures of my friend to show the before and afters of her as well so she can see where she once was!


No comments:

Post a Comment